Day 24 eggtopsy (graphic images) ADVICE PLEASE 💔

chelleomum

In the Brooder
May 3, 2020
UK
Please take a look at the attached images and let me know what has caused this. It's my second hatch and we lost every single one of them. I really want to try again but it's breaking my heart not knowing what is causing this. All advice welcome. Thank you
20200527_175857.jpg
20200527_175903.jpg
20200527_180107.jpg
20200527_180320.jpg
20200527_180455.jpg
20200527_180710.jpg

ok I am not the best expert but I think it would be helpful to know more about your hatching practices to give good advice. first thing where are you located?? what incubator are you using?? where did you get your eggs(ex your own flock or shipped eggs??) what temp and humidity are you running??? did you calibrate your thermometer /hygrometer??? those things should help give folks a better idea of what may be going wrong

I'm in Chester, UK. Eggs were sourced locally so NOT shipped. Temp stayed around 37-39c up until lockdown with humidity at 45-50. After lockdown humidity was kept between 65 and 75 but temp spiked up to 41 for a couple of hours over the last 2/3 days. All were moving going into lockdown on day 18. I was using an HHD mini 24 with an additional thermometer and hygrometer

Please take a look at the attached images and let me know what has caused this. It's my second hatch and we lost every single one of them. I really want to try again but it's breaking my heart not knowing what is causing this. All advice welcome. Thank youView attachment 2162731View attachment 2162734View attachment 2162735View attachment 2162736View attachment 2162737View attachment 2162738
Did you candle for movement before you removed them? I wonder if they just needed a bit more time? Did you use a still air incubator or one with a fan? I ask because the temps in still air can vary from spot to spot and if the incubator is running a bit cool then they will take longer to hatch. So sorry for your losses, it is just so difficult especially to see them so fully developed 😞

Did you candle for movement before you removed them? I wonder if they just needed a bit more time? Did you use a still air incubator or one with a fan? I ask because the temps in still air can vary from spot to spot and if the incubator is running a bit cool then they will take longer to hatch. So sorry for your losses, it is just so difficult especially to see them so fully developed 😞
Yes candled them and there was no movement. Doesn't seem to have been any internal pips either. There was quite a lot of liquid inside that I could see too.

I hatch some chick's few days ago, 15 healthy babies hatch on day 21,22,23, then i wait for 5 more eggs at day 24,25,26...then I open them I actually find alive babies in there and hatch them they live a day we'll live ( lay and breathing)and died other day.

Attachments

• IMG-20200526-WA0027.jpeg
    IMG-20200526-WA0027.jpeg
    216.4 KB · Views: 7
Did you have at least one calibrated thermometer in your bator?

What was your humidity at throughout and was your humidity gauge salt tested?

Yes candled them and there was no movement. Doesn't seem to have been any internal pips either. There was quite a lot of liquid inside that I could see too.
A lot of liquid....highly likely your humidity was too high.

Back
Top Bottom