Day 24 eggtopsy (graphic images) ADVICE PLEASE 💔

Were they moving on day 18 before you locked down? Based on yolk size they died somewhere after that. One was at the wrong end. I'm really sorry but sucks to get that far but in my experience inconsistent temps and humidity cause this.

I agree temperature fluctuation during lockdown is very bad. I had the same thing happen cause my thermostat switch stopped working and the eggs were cooking in there.
Before hatching another batch you need to get your temperature stable, probably need to work on your incubator checking and adjusting.
Are you using a DIY or purchased incubator? Is it still air or has a fan in it?

I agree temperature fluctuation during lockdown is very bad. I had the same thing happen cause my thermostat switch stopped working and the eggs were cooking in there.
Before hatching another batch you need to get your temperature stable, probably need to work on your incubator checking and adjusting.
Are you using a DIY or purchased incubator? Is it still air or has a fan in it?
Yes going to replace the thermometer in the incubator with a brand new one. Then recalibrate everything and try a dry hatch. The humidity here is around 35 so that should be sufficient then push it up after lockdown. I'm also going to try weighing the eggs rather than relying on aircell size.
All eggs were moving on day 18 going into lockdown so I think humidity must have been too high.

Back
Top Bottom