Day 24

Goatmama123

In the Brooder
Nov 2, 2015
At noon today will be the start of day 24 for my silkie eggs. No pips or chirps.

I candled Saturday night and Sunday night. Raising the humidity with hot water just before to ensure the humidity and temp would remain roughly the same.

The chicks seem to have grown from Saturday to Sunday. Saturday there was still a little space between chick and air cell. That space is mostly filled now. Is that a sign they are just late. Can they grow post death?

There were no beaks in air cells.... there were two eggs where the air cell seemed to dip into the area in between the chicks and air cell. Is that a sign of them eating away at the membrane or drowning? The only way I can think to describe it is imagine a normal air cell with a little u shaped dip at the bottom or a portion.

I had no water in the bator until day 18 at lock down. There was movement in the eggs that day. I have seen no movement since.. sometimes I think I see an egg wiggle but I am unsure if its just my eye sight from staring.

No smells are coming from the bator.

Should I give up...does it sound like they are dead?

they sould have hatched already!. but i dont know if there alive or not. they maynot be.. if its been a wile past there hatching date. you might have to hatch them your self... thats ONLY if you have too!... look up more stuff and read on it.. im sure youll find out what to do...

wish the best!
hmm.png

At noon today will be the start of day 24 for my silkie eggs. No pips or chirps.

I candled Saturday night and Sunday night. Raising the humidity with hot water just before to ensure the humidity and temp would remain roughly the same.

The chicks seem to have grown from Saturday to Sunday. Saturday there was still a little space between chick and air cell. That space is mostly filled now. Is that a sign they are just late. Can they grow post death?

There were no beaks in air cells.... there were two eggs where the air cell seemed to dip into the area in between the chicks and air cell. Is that a sign of them eating away at the membrane or drowning? The only way I can think to describe it is imagine a normal air cell with a little u shaped dip at the bottom or a portion.

I had no water in the bator until day 18 at lock down. There was movement in the eggs that day. I have seen no movement since.. sometimes I think I see an egg wiggle but I am unsure if its just my eye sight from staring.

No smells are coming from the bator.

Should I give up...does it sound like they are dead?
Did you count the day you set the eggs as day 1 or the next day?
Could be that your temps were a bit low and so development is slower...but hard to say.

Update just in case someone else has this problem. I gave them another day after this post. I float tested them and none moved. I suspected all dead. So sad- since I saw them moving a few days earlier.

Back
Top Bottom