Your Assistance Please

Alexandra Runner

Songster
Jun 26, 2023
Hello, all! I am on day eight of incubation, and I have a bit of a problem. I know you are supposed to place eggs in the 'bator fat side up, aka air cell up. But I have a girl (Maneet) who laid a couple which don't seem to be consistent in the "fat side is the air cell side." Her eggs are a bit bullet-shaped. All of the embryos are on track, but their air cells are in the bottom half of the eggs. Should I flip the eggs so the air cell is at the top, or should I leave them alone?

Thank you!

Hello, all! I am on day eight of incubation, and I have a bit of a problem. I know you are supposed to place eggs in the 'bator fat side up, aka air cell up. But I have a girl (Maneet) who laid a couple which don't seem to be consistent in the "fat side is the air cell side." Her eggs are a bit bullet-shaped. All of the embryos are on track, but their air cells are in the bottom half of the eggs. Should I flip the eggs so the air cell is at the top, or should I leave them alone?

Thank you!
Put air cell up. Bullet shaped eggs aren't usually fertilized, but here's for hoping.

Well, silly me. I candles again using a smaller flashlight, and as it turned out, the air cell is right side up after all - I just couldn't see it because my flashlight was too big. I feel like such a goober! The reason I thought the air cell was on the bottom was because the shell is thinner at the bottom of the egg so the light showed through more.

Back
Top Bottom