Can anyone help?!

Chickenmommy4

Hatching
Mar 31, 2024
I bought some hatching eggs and noticed one had a hole in the shell. The inner membrane wasn't punctured so I put 2 pieces of tape on the hole and set it with all the other eggs. It's growing and developing right along with the others. I noticed there's no air cell where it should be at the top but appears to be an aircell surrounding the taped hole. I guess my question is will the chick end up pipping where there's no air cell at the top and end up suffocating or will it somehow pip near where the hole/air cell is? I know it was dumb to attempt to hatch with the hole but it's a brahma and I really want it to survive.

I noticed there's no air cell where it should be at the top but appears to be an aircell surrounding the taped hole.
Hi, welcome to BYC! :frow

How far along are they? Can you post a picture?

I know it was dumb to attempt to hatch with the hole
What's the worse that could happen? (not literally because there's plenty, but for support!) You'll never know unless you try and life finds a way sometimes! :fl

Hi, welcome to BYC! :frow

How far along are they? Can you post a picture?

What's the worse that could happen? (not literally because there's plenty, but for support!) You'll never know unless you try and life finds a way sometimes! :fl
Today is day 17. I plan on lockdown tomorrow. I wasn't thinking of the chance of bacteria growing and when I found out I'm scared about it.

Attachments

• 17119121125902206009317431226395.jpg
    17119121125902206009317431226395.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 3
That's much more extreme than I was anticipating, but how about a candled image if possible?
I was going to try for a candled pic. When I candled it, it had no veins or movement. It was alive and moving around alot 2 days ago when I candled them all. I apologize for wasting your time 😔. Thanks for replying to me.

If it's day 17 it's normal to not see much veins since the chick fills almost all the space. Don't throw the egg away yet.

Back
Top Bottom