Day 27 egg discoloration

Yellow staining is common inside the air cell
They often hit a vein chewing into the air cell and with the lighting it looks yellow
If baby was at the wrong end and there was a bruise it would be a round one
With darker colouring
My guess is it’s the beak not the tail
Thanks! I am doing my best to just leave them now. Ducklings take so long to hatch!

Thanks! I am doing my best to just leave them now. Ducklings take so long to hatch!
They really do
With an air hole they don’t need anything else
I do puzzles , house work , shopping ect to take my time away
Otherwise I sit and watch the bator like a tv program 😂

They really do
With an air hole they don’t need anything else
I do puzzles , house work , shopping ect to take my time away
Otherwise I sit and watch the bator like a tv program 😂
So, it seems like my two have moved even more into the airspace this morning but no external pips yet. It has only been 24 hours since for sure internal pips so I wait, right? I opened the three dead ones. All were fully developed but did not internally pip. They all had large yolks yet to be absorbed. I can’t help but think that they were doing fine, maybe a little behind, until I locked them down and increased the humidity.

So, it seems like my two have moved even more into the airspace this morning but no external pips yet. It has only been 24 hours since for sure internal pips so I wait, right? I opened the three dead ones. All were fully developed but did not internally pip. They all had large yolks yet to be absorbed. I can’t help but think that they were doing fine, maybe a little behind, until I locked them down and increased the humidity.
I personally would wait a few more hours. I saw where they have an air hole so they will get oxygen. I don't think it would hurt anything at all if you did that just to be on the safe side. That's just what I would do though, the choice is yours on how you want to handle the situation. I surely would not want to mislead you.

Last edited:
I personally would wait a few more hours. I saw where they have an air hole so they will get oxygen. I don't think it would hurt anything at all if you did that just to be on the safe side. That's just what I would do though, the choice is yours on how you want to handle the situation. I surely would not want to mislead you.
That was my thinking too. The ones that died had such large yolk sacs that I am hoping these two are just patiently absorbing theirs.

That was my thinking too. The ones that died had such large yolk sacs that I am hoping these two are just patiently absorbing theirs.
If need be later you can always make your airhole a little bigger and if the duckling is chewing then it is still absorbing its yolk sac. I have only full assisted one and it was totally full of goo. I gently washed it with warm water and put it under the light in the brooder to dry and it turned out to be my Lucky Duck that is a huge Mule Duck. She is one of my favorites just because of how lucky we both were that she lived and is just fine a year later.

If need be later you can always make your airhole a little bigger and if the duckling is chewing then it is still absorbing its yolk sac. I have only full assisted one and it was totally full of goo. I gently washed it with warm water and put it under the light in the brooder to dry and it turned out to be my Lucky Duck that is a huge Mule Duck. She is one of my favorites just because of how lucky we both were that she lived and is just fine a year later.
What do you mean by chewing?

So it looks like the first one has an external pip although it is hard to tell as the eggs I got were really poopy and it is really faint. Do I leave it alone?
4919F375-6572-45C2-BABF-CAF31CB3527B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom