day 27...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by runchickenrun, May 4, 2008.

1. runchickenrun

runchickenrun New Egg

Apr 18, 2008
    ah! my first two chicken babies are about to hatch [​IMG] they're poking at the shell and they're both cracked.. they're chirping and everything!!! [​IMG] excitement.

how long do they usually take to get out once they've cracked their shell? not long i hope cause i wanna see this happen!

2. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    It took 6 extra days?! Wow. I can't make it a day past 21 or I will die of excitement. It could take no time or it could take hours...from what I understand. I am on my first hatch too. End of day 12. Good luck with your babies. What kind are they?

3. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    wow day 27 and they are hatching? Good luck.

4. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    . Hopefully they'll all hatch and you'll have lots of little fuzzies.

5. runchickenrun

runchickenrun New Egg

Apr 18, 2008
    well im not using a bator, just a hen [​IMG] and sadly, i lost one of the two last night [​IMG] it was pretty weird. he was almost out, but stopped breathing.. after a little while i pulled the rest of the shell off, and yolk just streamed out.. it almost looked like it was coming out of his belly? not so sure what that was about or what happend along the way..

my other one hatched tho [​IMG] [​IMG] . not sure what kind of chick it is, but he sure is TINY. his name is uno. cause only uno lived [​IMG] but he's with momma and he'll peak his little head out every once in a while. ill get a pic on here sooner or later. im excited that i hatched my first chickie!!!!

thanks for any help anyone's given me. this site is definently the most helpful of them all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by