day 27...

runchickenrun

Hatching
11 Years
Apr 18, 2008
ah! my first two chicken babies are about to hatch
big_smile.png
they're poking at the shell and they're both cracked.. they're chirping and everything!!!
big_smile.png
excitement.

how long do they usually take to get out once they've cracked their shell? not long i hope cause i wanna see this happen!

It took 6 extra days?! Wow. I can't make it a day past 21 or I will die of excitement. It could take no time or it could take hours...from what I understand. I am on my first hatch too. End of day 12. Good luck with your babies. What kind are they?

well im not using a bator, just a hen
smile.png
and sadly, i lost one of the two last night
hit.gif
it was pretty weird. he was almost out, but stopped breathing.. after a little while i pulled the rest of the shell off, and yolk just streamed out.. it almost looked like it was coming out of his belly? not so sure what that was about or what happend along the way..

my other one hatched tho
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
. not sure what kind of chick it is, but he sure is TINY. his name is uno. cause only uno lived
sad.png
but he's with momma and he'll peak his little head out every once in a while. ill get a pic on here sooner or later. im excited that i hatched my first chickie!!!!

thanks for any help anyone's given me. this site is definently the most helpful of them all.

Back
Top Bottom