Day 28, No Hatch Yet 😩

Jme2283

Chirping
Jul 27, 2019
Hi so I started incubation on my Rouen eggs. I started with 24, candled day 7…discarded any that were duds and now I’m left with 7. Start date was Dec 28. It’s Jan 25. No hatch. I did put them in lockdown a few days ago but why haven’t they hatched yet? I did candle today to make sure they’re alive. They are! Moving all around but I didn’t see pipping inside the egg…hmmmm. I’m confused and worried. Any advice? Tips? I’m not planning on opening the lid again unless I need to add water. Thank youuuuu.

If your incubator Temperature was low but within tolerable range, which you've said that you see movement so I guess you are alright, it may take another day or three before your little Champions pip and zip and hatch ... I once had the temperature just a wee bit higher but within tolerable range and my Welsh Harlequin piped as I was putting the lil bugger in lockdown ... if they are kicking and wigglin' in their shells, they are fine :)

If your incubator Temperature was low but within tolerable range, which you've said that you see movement so I guess you are alright, it may take another day or three before your little Champions pip and zip and hatch ... I once had the temperature just a wee bit higher but within tolerable range and my Welsh Harlequin piped as I was putting the lil bugger in lockdown ... if they are kicking and wigglin' in their shells, they are fine :)
Nice!! Ty!

Nice!! Ty!
Hi there. So I assume I'm on Day 30 on incubating Rouen duck eggs. I started Dec 28th. You start the day after you put your eggs in correct? Or do you wait to see fertilization signs? I started with 24. I think by day 7 I weeded out the duds. Should I have started incubation count then?
-issue. I put my ducks in lock down on Jan 24 On Jan 27 nothing. I’ve always had my levels correct. Always. I’ve been obsessed with this project. Buttt, on the 26th @1@m I noticed a pip. I watched it all day hat day then decided to candel all eggs just in case. All ducks are alive and I see beaks near the air sack which makes me feel better…

the duck that pipped, I noticed another pip this am. New breakage. I can hear him peeping and the tapping from outside the incubator. is he dying? He looks like he has enough air. Plenty of room…I’m freaking out here. Why has that ONE just pipped. They all went in at the same time. Helppppp thank you

Hi so I started incubation on my Rouen eggs. I started with 24, candled day 7…discarded any that were duds and now I’m left with 7. Start date was Dec 28. It’s Jan 25. No hatch. I did put them in lockdown a few days ago but why haven’t they hatched yet? I did candle today to make sure they’re alive. They are! Moving all around but I didn’t see pipping inside the egg…hmmmm. I’m confused and worried. Any advice? Tips? I’m not planning on opening the lid again unless I need to add water. Thank youuuuu.
Look! Literally 30 min ago.

Attachments

• 59E3BCD1-8F39-4A79-A443-B026304C130D.png
    59E3BCD1-8F39-4A79-A443-B026304C130D.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
I used to sing to my beebies while they were chirping in their egg shells … my husband would joke that “he couldn’t believe we didn’t have more quitters” 🤦🏻‍♀️

Every time I stopped singing, the lil guys started chirping as if to confirm I hadn’t left or that someone was out there, ready to welcome them 🤷🏻‍♀️

Chirping is good 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom