day 29... moving but even no internal pipping

duckfirst

Hatching
Jun 10, 2022
hi, this is my first time incubating anything, and I decided to have ducks. I know its day 29, and both of them are alive. But no internal pipping, not even yet. But the movements are starting to get weaker... I’m starting to get real worried. What should I do?

What temp and humidity did you keep the eggs at through incubation ?
This can speed or delay hatch times by a few days
Usually before they internal pip you will see eggs rocking as babies get into hatch position then when you candle your will see a lot of shadow movements along the air cell
There is also another option
Do you see any bruises on the egg outside f the air cell ? If so they could be In the wrong position

Btw everyone I don't have a humidity measurer, so I just kept the humidifier full most of the time.

What temp and humidity did you keep the eggs at through incubation ?
This can speed or delay hatch times by a few days
Usually before they internal pip you will see eggs rocking as babies get into hatch position then when you candle your will see a lot of shadow movements along the air cell
There is also another option
Do you see any bruises on the egg outside f the air cell ? If so they could be In the wrong position
I see no bruises, no shadows, so I'm sure that they are not internally pipped yet. I'm just worried that they might be either dried out because I didn't mist them, or the humidity was too high, so they cannot move.

image.jpg

Both have decently large air cells

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom