Day 29- no internal pips, no movement, nothing :(

Kirstyleeturner

Hatching
Jan 20, 2021
Hi,

I have 2 runner duck eggs on day 29. The last time I saw them move or wiggle was day 25. I candled last night and saw faint movement from one and nothing in the other. The humidity is around 70% and i fear that my temperature has now been wrong this whole time as I put a separate hydrometer/thermometer in there thats reading 2 degrees lower than the incubators one!! I have upped the temp slightly today to bring the temperature up closer to 37 on the thermometer I put in. Is this ok or just leave it at the incubators one?

And when should I start to get worried or think about intervening? We originally had 4 and these are my daughters xmas present and we'd be devastated if they didn't make it. Thank you.

That sucks. Sadly though there really isn’t anything you can do about eggs before they’ve hatched except put the temperature right from that point on.

We have one left and are now on day 30. I candled it and he is wriggling occasionally but the air sac is getting larger with no internal pips. What do i do?

He's still wiggling but hasn't pipped so I'm just trying to be patient. Unless I should be intervening at this point? Just hope he is ok.

We have one left and are now on day 30. I candled it and he is wriggling occasionally but the air sac is getting larger with no internal pips. What do i do?
Ducks are very slow hatchers just sit on your hands and wait for now.
It gets really hard to see movement right before hatching because the bird is filling up that egg.
If they never internally pip there's not a whole lot you can do anyway.
If your temperature was a little bit low they could just be hatching late.
Air cell getting bigger is a good sign.
When they are getting ready to hatch that air cell will kind of dip to one side of the egg, be sure when you take them out to candle that you put them back with that air cell side up.

Back
Top Bottom