day 30 no ducklings :(

saimnasser

In the Brooder
Apr 9, 2015
duck has been sitting for 30 days now no ducklings. she has fresh water and food at all times. she is not a muscovy btw. i didnt candle them since she gets quite aggressive and i dont want to bother her.

what might be the problem?

duck has been sitting for 30 days now no ducklings. she has fresh water and food at all times. she is not a muscovy btw. i didnt candle them since she gets quite aggressive and i dont want to bother her.

what might be the problem?

If your counting of the days is accurate, then you might perhaps have on hand infertile eggs. However you can try candling to be sure if there are any developments going on.

she used to mate with the drake regularly ..well if all 11 are infertile it must be my bad luck ...ill still candle them to check for sure

she used to mate with the drake regularly ..well if all 11 are infertile it must be my bad luck ...ill still candle them to check for sure

The long wait and such a turn out can be a little heart broken, but don't lose hope yet, candle them and let us know what you find.

Last edited:
One duckling hatched!! it was day 35 when i decided to candle some eggs finally instead i found out a perfectly healthy chick popping his head from under her mama. i saw another egg cracked.

now i wonder if i counted the days wrong or if it is a muscovy. i asked someone and they said she is a mix breed maybe she was a muscovy mix or something. Well anyways ill post a picture of them when she decides to get out of her pen :)

One duckling hatched!! it was day 35 when i decided to candle some eggs finally instead i found out a perfectly healthy chick popping his head from under her mama. i saw another egg cracked.

now i wonder if i counted the days wrong or if it is a muscovy. i asked someone and they said she is a mix breed maybe she was a muscovy mix or something. Well anyways ill post a picture of them when she decides to get out of her pen
smile.png
Waiting for the pictures. Congrats on your hatch...I guess it was worth the wait.

sorry for the long wait guys i had finals this week
ten ducklings!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom