day 30 of incubation

they are black spanish turkeys....
still waiting ......no signs yet.....
sad.png

Soooooo Cool!

Nothing yet for me, but my bator got unplugged and I know I lost some. Hopefully they start hatching today!

I'm so happy for you! That first one usually stimulates the others to get busy. I keep my fingers crossed for lots more for you.

thrilled for you flocksalot.....

my power has been on and off quite a few times the last 2 weeks as we have had bad weather...( windy)....
i even made my poor DH buy me a small generator last week so i could keep the incubators going.........i dont care if my freezers, television,laptop etc dont work.......the incubators are the most important things in my house.....
smile.png

there are only 2 eggs in this batch......so really hoping the other one is ok.....dont want a lonely turkey
my next 3 were set on 19th jan.......so will have to wait another 10 days at least before any more.....

Just remember the day you set is day zero. I get so excited I forget what day it is and start pressing my nose up against the plastic usually a week early.

So here is sit with my magnifying glasses on, my flashlight in hand and I can't see a thing cause there are too many nose prints.

I don't care how old ya get it never looses its appeal. Can't wait to candle the next batch, but they've only been setting a few days, so dog gone it I can't.

Just remember the day you set is day zero. I get so excited I forget what day it is and start pressing my nose up against the plastic usually a week early.

So here is sit with my magnifying glasses on, my flashlight in hand and I can't see a thing cause there are too many nose prints.

I don't care how old ya get it never looses its appeal. Can't wait to candle the next batch, but they've only been setting a few days, so dog gone it I can't.

:yuckyuck

:lau

Well we had many dead in the shells, but three currently alive. I have no idea how long the incubator was turned off, but it is what it is. Next 40 look to be fine. I checked one tray as we plan to add some chicks and every one was developing. Course they are only day 5.

How are those little Black Spanish doing?

40 !.......wow.......

still waiting on the other egg.....have my temp and humidity correct.....

a friend of mine hatched some chickens yesterday......so is bringing me one in the morning to put with my baby turkey.....

i have been dipping her beak in the water and she has tried to peck at the feed and sparkly marbles.........
love.gif

i will feel a little more relaxed tomorrow when the new chick arrives for company and a learning curve on eating and drinking....

Back
Top Bottom