Day 31 duck egg

Rooka_2

Songster
Apr 18, 2021
Here's what's happening, I put duck eggs in on April 4th, my incubator is not working properly, it's not gone over 95⁰, even wrapped in a towel. Today is day 31, they are runner ducks so 28 day hatch. Today I decided to candle them and it's over 75% just white with no movement. I took a chance to see if there is any chance they were alive, I opened one and it was infact moving, im sure I'll lose that one. But the shell and membrain were incredibly hard.
Anyone with experience here? I'm guessing none of them will hatch, but I don't know.
Should I just leave the one I opened slightly to hatch itself? or just take the shell off and see if it lives? It's no longer moving so I'm assuming it's a goner. The rest, how many days should I leave them to try and hatch themselves if they even will? I don't see any movement in the eggs, should I just assume them all dead?

Thank you! I won't touch the others, I think this little one is dead, but can you tell what day it would likely be on by this picture and the yolk sac?
He looks close to hatching honestly
Candle the eggs and see if you see movement along the air cell
A few days before an internal pip you will see shadow movement along side it
Then you will see them push on the membrane and see a beak in the air cell
After that they will take 24 hours or so to external pip then another 24-48 hours to hatch
What are your apr cells like ? Have they dropped down on one side yet ?
When they do make sure that side is facing up
I wouldn’t turn them anymore
Also what was your humidity during incubation and what’s it at now for lockdown ?

I decided to just open it up and see what's happening, the duck looks really under developed. There is still a yolk sac. I have 12 more eggs. Really not sure what to do

Back
Top Bottom