Out of about 40 in the 'bator, I candled them with my kids & removed almost 2 dozen that seemed to have no development or showed bacterial rings. There was one with what looked like a blood spot & a bacterial ring. For educational purposes, I cracked every one we removed. 23 were duds. The 24th I think I may have killed-there was a blood ring around the yolk but also veins and about a 6 day old looking chick. If there was a bacterial/blood ring, was it already dead or did I kill it? My stomach is aching-I hope I didn't kill it. Being that there was such a visible "bad ring" I really thought it was a dud when I pulled it out.