Day 9 candling

Tsagirl

Songster
12 Years
Dec 9, 2007
Springfield,OR
I think I wont have any hatch from all of the eggs I got.
sad.png

Of course none of them smell yet and I will candle again on day 14-15 to see for sure. But I see nothing in any of them. Pretty sad really. My last batch was brown mutt eggs and all of them were fertile and moving and I could tell. With this batch of 48 eggs, well it just sucks. Oh well. I just wanted to write to get my frustrations out, nobody has to write back, I am just depressed and sad. I am sure I will get over it and there will be more eggs at a later time.
Thanks everyone for listening.
smile.png

I am going to hatch my first batch of eggs probably next week, I am pretty new to this forum and rely mostly on this forum for information, good luck with your hatch and if it doesn't work out try again, and again.

Awwww man TSA that sucks.
hugs.gif
What did you have incubating? I sympathise with you tho I didn't have to wait for candling, mine arrived all smashed up & never went into the bator.
roll.png

I feel for you I am on day 7 from the 2 dozen replacements of silver and gold laced cochins nothing in any of them that I can tell yet I have 4 of my eggs in there so I know it is not the incubator at all I am so unhappy right now and am furious again with this seller, I had a cracked eggs from one of my girls the other day and I am not thinking that any of the ones she sent have been fertile at all, I thought I was seeing a bullseye in the few that cracked during shipping but since I have really SEEN one now I think not.

That stinks.. but there is still time!

I had that happen on my last ship. Only one egg made it to the end. I heard peeping on day 20.. I went to bed (stupid maybe..). When I got up day 21, the poor little thing was dead. It was the only egg out of 15 that made it that far. It was a total bummer. (my 3yo dd and I had a good cry over the baby who didn't make it out.. it was a rotten day).

Shipped eggs are a gamble anyway. Who knows WHAT the post office does to the poor things? My seller is being very kind to me, and shipping me replacements for free. But after that lot, I think I'll try to find some that DON'T have to go through the USPS. It's just too heartbreaking.

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
for both of your eggs. Maybe you'll have a surprise!

Meghan

You guys are wonderful and I am so happy to have people that really care!
I have some Jody eggs and Scott eggs and some other farmers eggs.
Most of the ones are shipped. None of them smell so I wont toss until about the 14th day just to make sure I dont have one that suprized me.
I really wanted to hatch some buffs....
sad.png

I have some Jody eggs that I just put in today...Hopefully they make it! She's had a lot of great hatches!

Praying for ALL of our eggs!!

Last edited:
I am really sorry to hear that. It is unusual for my buff orp eggs, as we have been running close to 100% fertility here on those without a doubt. Were the "Scott eggs" & "other farmers eggs" shipped as well? It is a little odd that all of them are not growing. I know mine went a long way, so I guess the trip could have damaged them, but I wouldn't think all of them. There is a lady from the EZBYC who hatches my BO eggs out in CA. I am hoping you are just not familiar with what to look for in candling and they will be more obvious by day 14. I am sorry for your frustration and it is all too common with the risks involved in shipping eggs. I hope it turns out ok. Let me know.

Jody

Back
Top Bottom