Day 9 of hen mystery illness

I am kind of new to chickens and thought I'd just deworm if they looked unthrifty or wormy...but with the sudden onset and severity of her symptoms I might deworm my flock once a year, as well as dust them for mites/lice. I only keep a few bantys for pets, so don't miss the eggs during the withdrawl period too much. I felt I had to try everything possible as she was truly very close to dying. She is still very lethargic, but not all puffed up. This morning she started drinking on her own. I think it will take another week or so to get back to normal. So grateful. Thanks ChickChick for correcting me on the dosage.

I'm just so glad that it worked out and that worms seemed to be the problem. Don't thank me, thank all the other wonderful people on here that have spent their time trying to educate us newbies on what's what. I'm just glad that my being a nerd is paying off more and more as I get older... I love reading and researching which earned me the giant nerd label in school, but I now consider myself a "jack of all trades, master of none"..............
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom