Day Full of Chicken People....and then, Chicken Problems (Long Story)

LOL. I had three blrw roos that grew up together, then I seperated them and put the best one in with the hens and the others in the main pen. So when I thought I was having fertility issues, I decided to "add" one back in with the hens and other roo. LOL yeah right. The second the "new rooster hit the floor, the old one was all over him. A week ago they were best buddies, and now they were in a fight to the death. The first rooster got used to having his hens all to himself, and he wasn't wanting to share with his brother LOL. Within 45 seconds, the first rooster had the intruder pinned to the ground, viciously pecking him. The 2nd rooster is now back in the main pen, where he will stay.

Thanks, porter! Love good coffee. Kevin, that sounds great! Hope all those hatch. Smoky produces some beautiful babies. Got a splash and two blacks out of the last batch.

LOL, yote, that is exactly my problem. Now, they can never live together again, which I fully expected. Oh, well. Boys! What can you do with 'em?
hmm.png

Mace will heal. One of his wattles already had a band of scar tissue across it and that one was ripped almost in half during the fight. Surpisingly, that didnt bleed all that much. He'll heal, but the wattle is now a two-parter! Superglue, anyone?
hmm.png

Quote:
I'm wondering if Super glue wouldn't be a great thing to have in my chicken emergency kit. I don't have any on hand but after Diesel and Frodo's scrap, I am thinking it would be a good idea.

I've used superglue to stop profuse bleeding on combs several times. You pinch off the blood flow, then glue the bleeding part and wait a minute for the glue to set up. Works better than blood stop powder, but of course, you have to be very careful with it.

Back
Top Bottom