Day old chick is leaking beige fluid from back wound?

AmeliaLowe

Chirping
Jan 30, 2019
So basically yesterday morning I woke up to find a random chick in with my girls, one of these sneak clutch moments, and clearly the poor thing had been stamped and/or pecked, because they have a few cuts and wounds. Fresh fresh baby. I managed to stem the bleeding from the ones they have around their head, but there’s a smaller wound on their back end just above and to the side of their vent that just seems to be… leaking? All the time. I thought they were getting poop on them initially because when I wiped it away it would be this yellow/brownish translucent fluid, but it’s become clear that whatever it is is coming from the cut they have. The cut isn’t deep, nor is it particularly big, and it’s not properly bleeding. I’ve put antibac spray on it, the chick is a little weak I’m guessing from the trauma but cheeping and shuffling around, beginning to open its eyes. The fluid isn’t stemming though? And I have no clue what it is, because it doesn’t look like blood, more like sebaceous fluid almost? It literally weeps. I’m worried that it’s a sign of damage to the preening gland. I need to know if this is something serious, and something I can help to heal or if it heralds a grim future for this little guy. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Can you get pictures if possible please?
I can try to get some when I get up (it’s 2 am here haha), but it’s really just a normal cut in the skin and I’ve doused the injury in cornflour to hopefully stop the leaking so that might get in the way too. But I’ll snap a photo tomorrow regardless

Here’s a photo of what I came down to this morning

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 2
The chick seems to be standing vertically too, rather than the normal balanced position they have. Could it be wry neck so early?

Back
Top Bottom