Day old chick transport

Hopefully you can get one next time! aren't they just beautiful!! Chicken math struck me again! Yikes! I added a silver penciled Rock to my order. Have you ever seen them? They are beyond beautiful! limit is only 1 per customer. if you get some free time, head over to Meyer hatchery online and look in Rare breeds for the Silver Penciled Rock. I couldn't believe they still had a female left for my hatch date!!! See if you like them.
smile.png
Oh, yes! If we had the room, I would be snatching one up. But instead, I got two bantam Silver Penciled Rocks from our local breeder.

We drove to Meyer the other day and instead of picking up a Spitzhauben and Fayoumi, we came home with 2 Spitzhaubens, 2 Fayoumis, and a second Cream Legbar for our flock. BEWARE of the overstock bins of doom! Avoid them and their $2 rare breeds at all costs!
tongue.png
I'm a living testimony to tell the tale!
lau.gif

-Alex

Hopefully you can get one next time! aren't they just beautiful!! Chicken math struck me again! Yikes! I added a silver penciled Rock to my order. Have you ever seen them? They are beyond beautiful! limit is only 1 per customer. if you get some free time, head over to Meyer hatchery online and look in Rare breeds for the Silver Penciled Rock. I couldn't believe they still had a female left for my hatch date!!! See if you like them.
smile.png
I'm going to try to get one on Thursday when the feed store has its next ship date :) I was hesitant to mail order my first time because the shipping is so high for small numbers of chicks and I didn't want to shell out the shipping cost without the confidence of being able to raise the babies.

I had to talk myself out of one. Honestly, I probably would have at least one of each breed if I could! So many beautiful birds!
Another reason I went the feed store route... fewer choices
wink.png

Another reason I went the feed store route... fewer choices ;)

Yeah, I thought I was safe last night when I went in to get temp fencing and wheat bran since I already had the common breeds that I wanted...but noooo...they had to have Sicilian Buttercups and White-faced Spanish bantams...which have been on my highly wanted list!

Yeah, I thought I was safe last night when I went in to get temp fencing and wheat bran since I already had the common breeds that I wanted...but noooo...they had to have Sicilian Buttercups and White-faced Spanish bantams...which have been on my highly wanted list!
Wow, you managed to get Buttercups from a feed store? How cool is that?
big_smile.png

-Alex

I'm going to go back to the feed store next Thursday and get a Gold Laced Wyandotte, then again on Monday, March 28 for a Buff Orpington. Same situation as before - I'll go to the feed store, it will hang out at work for the day, then 1 hour commute home. Will being alone for an entire day be OK for single chicks? I'm also worried they will get picked on by the 5 older ones that i got Monday.

Yay!! You got your chicks! I just found your post today, but i know you got them on Monday. So exciting!

I can't believe 15 minutes is all it took to sell out of the GLWs. That stinks. They really are beautiful. If I get more chicks down the road, I want Wyandottes.

I poked around and found the pics of your new chickies. They are so cute! Do you have names for them yet?

Just wanted to pop in and say CONGRATS!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom