Day old ducks

Apr 27, 2020
So I am getting some 2 day old ducks in the mail soon since every where around me is all out and I have raised 2 week and 3 week old ducklings but never 2 day old ducklings is there anything different that I need to do or anything different I need to know or check or anything like that thanks in advance.

I just got some from the hatchery about 2 weeks ago as 2 day olds aswell. It was my 1st time raising hatchlings, and they all survived and are doing great! All I did was set them up with a heat lamp, wood shavings bedding, and made sure to add an electrolyte powder to their water (I will continue to add the powder until week 3). I also just fed them Purina duck pellets. I'm not sure if it made a difference, but I have let them range in the grass and swim about 3 times during these past 2 weeks.

Good luck!!

I just got some from the hatchery about 2 weeks ago as 2 day olds aswell. It was my 1st time raising hatchlings, and they all survived and are doing great! All I did was set them up with a heat lamp, wood shavings bedding, and made sure to add an electrolyte powder to their water (I will continue to add the powder until week 3). I also just fed them Purina duck pellets. I'm not sure if it made a difference, but I have let them range in the grass and swim about 3 times during these past 2 weeks.

Good luck!!
Ok thanks also I’ve heard to give them un medicated starter chick feed is that ok for them

Yes it is! I would just make sure to add Brewer's Yeast (I raised 2 day old goslings on unmedicated chick starter and the "Now" brand brewers yeast)(just add about 1/2 tbsp per feeding) or some other type of niacin source to prevent any growth deformities!

Yes it is! I would just make sure to add Brewer's Yeast (I raised 2 day old goslings on unmedicated chick starter and the "Now" brand brewers yeast)(just add about 1/2 tbsp per feeding) or some other type of niacin source to prevent any growth deformities!
Ok so they are also coming with this is this food or do I sprinkle it in is this okay for them

Attachments

• 88CF75AD-BC9F-44F6-91ED-B24171B4195F.jpeg
    88CF75AD-BC9F-44F6-91ED-B24171B4195F.jpeg
    198.9 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom