DAY OLD PICS! post #225. 12 hatched!

Do you think I can get 15 to hatch out of the 29?

And yeah... next time I hatch, I'll be getting some more Marans.

I predict you will hatch 25 of 29. Day 18 will probably turn up a couple more that don't make the hatcher and you will always get one or two that fail to pip... who knows... it just has something to do with shipped eggs... What Ms. Prissy says is so true... from the barn to the 'bator makes such a difference.

We had 100% hatchs here last year over and over... then I got in some shipped eggs and they were terrible... of course the packing was bad and the eggs had huge ruptured air cells and were probably old when shipped. But I have lots of folks e-mail me back with 12 of 13 even on my shipped eggs so it is not always bad...

Happy Hatching!
big_smile.png

Well out of your 18 I still have 14, (lost 3 marans and 1 Ameraucana) so that's 77% and that's better than the average for the other eggs. Wouldn't it be crazy if every single salmon faverolle hatched!??

I still continue to have nightmares that I only get one baby to hatch!

I'd hope I could get more than one out of 29 that were growing on day 12!

Well, a week from tonight and my eggs should be rocking! The evening of the 17th I will candle, remove any non-developers, remove the turner, put them in cartons and add water to the other well on the tray on the bottom. I have to work on the 21st. I'll really have to warn my kids about opening that bator!!!

I'm tracking on this! I'm excited. It looks like a really good hatch to me...I want some photos please....not candling, but later. Nancy

I should have a bunch of yellow fluffy chicks huh?

Looks like you and Melissa packed them really well!

And Georgia is a LONG ways away from Phoenix!!!!!

Last edited:
I really am just praying I get 50% of the eggs remaining. Any over 15 out of the remaining 29 will just be a blessing.

DS#3 is predicting I'll get 7 from the 29 to adulthood.

Guess we'll wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom