Day old quail with Splayed leg,

New2quaill

Chirping
Sep 14, 2021
Hi all,

so my chick is a little over a day old , and has one leg splayed out , and a little of bent toe. I just tried to tape it but she wants none of it and has such a melt down. Can I wait a few more days ?
Thanks

Do it as soon as you can.
Tape cuffs & try taping the toes the way they should be.
Another method is put them in a glass so the legs can't spread out.
Either way there's gonna be alot of complaining & alot of time you'll have to spend.
Food. water. Flipping back over. Etc. It's It's chore and may not work but sooner is better.

Ok I’ll try. I would get one cuff on but she would freak and wiggle so much I would mess up the second one on the opposite leg. Then she couldn’t get her feat under her so I had to take it off. Think she’d stay in a glass? She was so mad I attempted the bandage she flopped around the brooder for 10 min .
But I will try and do so again in a little bit, my friend can help with with a second hand maybe .
thanks!

Ok I’ll try. I would get one cuff on but she would freak and wiggle so much I would mess up the second one on the opposite leg. Then she couldn’t get her feat under her so I had to take it off. Think she’d stay in a glass? She was so mad I attempted the bandage she flopped around the brooder for 10 min .
But I will try and do so again in a little bit, my friend can help with with a second hand maybe .
thanks!
I had the same problem with mine. hatched just 14 hours ago. Taking advice from another thread on here, I taped her feet with a sliver of bandaid cut lengthwise. It was hard getting them on because I was scared of hurting her, lol. she still flops over sometimes, but can right and maneuver herself now

Attachments

• D3DD3454-DC1C-484D-8FD8-E3CF3318C3FC.jpeg
    D3DD3454-DC1C-484D-8FD8-E3CF3318C3FC.jpeg
    339.6 KB · Views: 9
  • CBA9282C-7807-4127-9D44-E7B72B516461.jpeg
    CBA9282C-7807-4127-9D44-E7B72B516461.jpeg
    578.6 KB · Views: 8
I had the same problem with mine. hatched just 14 hours ago. Taking advice from another thread on here, I taped her feet with a sliver of bandaid cut lengthwise. It was hard getting them on because I was scared of hurting her, lol. she still flops over sometimes, but can right and maneuver herself now
Awesome! Thank you .

Back
Top Bottom