Day one in the incubator. How do I increase the humidity?

I candled the eggs tonight! Day 6. Khaki Campbell eggs! Egg # 1 appears not fertile, but the rest of them have at least something going on inside! :ya

Last edited:
These are the ones that I don't know what to do with. They're at 11 days. They have some dark spots, but no blood vessels visible. I'm guessing they're not good, but I'd like to have others' opinions. Out of the 9, I can see blood vessels in 4 and one of them was moving about when I candled last night. :) Two I removed because they were obviously not fertile, then there's these 3 odd looking ones.

Recap: This is my first incubation in a Farm Innovators, circulated air with turner. Started with 9 khaki campbell eggs from my pair.

I'm on the last week of incubation! I have 4 eggs that looked good last time I candled!

Question: after I stop turning, is it ok to open the incubator to add water to keep the humidity up? Or does lock down mean absolutely no opening?

I'm not sure but I opened my incubator for up to half an hour during the last few days of hatching. So you should be fine for a couple mins

I'm on the last week of incubation! I have 4 eggs that looked good last time I candled!

Question: after I stop turning, is it ok to open the incubator to add water to keep the humidity up? Or does lock down mean absolutely no opening?

U can open it but u want to open it as little as possible so it keeps the humidity in and the temps up

Back
Top Bottom