Day one on the road to becoming smoke free.

As a former smoke who tried and failed many times to quit before success, I congratulate you and assure you that you have given yourself the very best present you could have possibly given.

I would like to share with you all an accomplishment that I have achieved. A year ago today I embarked on one of the longest hardest journeys anyone like me could take. I decided after 14 years at two packs a day that I was going to quit smoking. Life threw me curve balls every chance it got and I had help along the way but I can honestly say that this is my accomplishment and mine alone. I'd like to proudly say to you that today I HAVE BEEN SMOKE FREE FOR ONE YEAR!!!

This may or may not help someone who is trying to quit smoking. My step dad was a long time smoker. He worked for IBM and IBM thought it was better for them if their employees didn't smoke. So they offered their smokers the chance to enroll in a stop smoking program paid for in full by IBM. My stepfather duly enrolled. The program worked like this. The first week he was not to change his smoking habits at all but he was to keep a log of his cigarette intake. Whenever he lit up, he was to write down the time, who he was with, what he was doing, and, on a scale of 1 to 10 rate how important that cigarette was or how much he enjoyed it. The next week he was to eliminate one of the daily cigarettes with a rating of 1 (meaning one of the cigarettes that was the least important). The next week he was to eliminate another, working from the least important to eventually eliminating them all. It worked for him and almost everyone else who took the class. After completing the class he never smoked another cigarette the rest of his life.

Brachlin...once again I congratulate you on a great accomplishment BUT, as one who has been there before, this is not the end. As a long time smoker I had urges and temptations for several years and want to caution you to be ever vigilant and continue to avoid those tempations to smoke. You have done a great thing for yourself and those around you.

I would like to share with you all an accomplishment that I have achieved. A year ago today I embarked on one of the longest hardest journeys anyone like me could take. I decided after 14 years at two packs a day that I was going to quit smoking. Life threw me curve balls every chance it got and I had help along the way but I can honestly say that this is my accomplishment and mine alone. I'd like to proudly say to you that today I HAVE BEEN SMOKE FREE FOR ONE YEAR!!!
You deserve much more than congratulations! I know how hard it is. I smoked a pack a day for 35 years, and have been smoke free for almost 4 years.

Pat yourself on the back and be proud. I Do think quitting is one of the hardest things one can do.
Big Hug from me!
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
highfive.gif

Oh, another thing you might want to do is go to quitmeter.org. You can input the info and it will tell you how many cigarettes you HAVEN'T smoked since the day you quit and also how much money you DIDN'T spend on cigarettes during that time. I always enjoyed checking in on that..... Such a feeling of accomplishment.

Back
Top Bottom