Day22:not a lot happening

Alyssa_owens

Hatching
Mar 18, 2018
today is day 22 and I filled the incubator with 48 eggs and we’ve only had 4 hatch and 1 didn’t make it due to being formed at the wrong end of the egg. I don’t see anything happening with the other eggs as far as signs of there being chicks inside. I did not candle them at any point. Is it too late to candle now? If not, what do I look for?

today is day 22 and I filled the incubator with 48 eggs and we’ve only had 4 hatch and 1 didn’t make it due to being formed at the wrong end of the egg. I don’t see anything happening with the other eggs as far as signs of there being chicks inside. I did not candle them at any point. Is it too late to candle now? If not, what do I look for?

I wouldn't give up quite yet. If your tempt ran on the lower end, they may just be late hatch. You can candle at any point really, just make sure to quickly close the lid to prevent from losing too much humidity. Look for any movement at all and if the air cell drew down as it should have. Blood rings means not alive for sure.
Others will most likely have more suggestions.
Good luck!!

I wouldn't give up quite yet. If your tempt ran on the lower end, they may just be late hatch. You can candle at any point really, just make sure to quickly close the lid to prevent from losing too much humidity. Look for any movement at all and if the air cell drew down as it should have. Blood rings means not alive for sure.
Others will most likely have more suggestions.
Good luck!!
Thank you, I’m trying to keep my hopes up!!! I think the temp was fine the whole time (99.5) but the humidity ran about 45 the whole time which I think is low. It’s up to about 61 now.

Update!!! I candles them and found out which were bad (28) :( but the rest had something in them but no movement or chirping. Put small cracks in a few and nothing ran out of them or anything but I didn’t break it to where I could see inside. Could the problem be to much crumble or laying pellets like maybe the shells are to hard?

Back
Top Bottom