Dbf -> Df -> Dh

JennsPeeps

Rhymes with 'henn'
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
South Puget Sound
It's official. I'm now Mrs. Jenn. I'm still getting used to saying it.
th.gif

Gene and I were married on Labor Day in a beautiful setting overlooking Puget Sound. There had been torrential rain the entire weekend. It even sprinkled a few times before the ceremony. We didn't sweat it and were rewarded with a beautiful ray of sunshine that shone on us as we began our vows. Everything went beautifully and I'm honored to have such a caring and loving husband.

Getting ready to go meet my groom
9-7-09jenn.jpg

The newlyweds
9-7-09weddingpotrait.jpg

My fav pic from the whole wedding: my brother congratulating me (makes me tear up every time I see it)
9-7-09JennJasonfordesktop.jpg

Our wedding favors
9-7-09Jam-tastic.jpg

We honeymooned in Hawaii (Wailua on Oahu, and yes, it was the sticks!), where we saw lots & lots & lots of sea turtles, snorkeled, slept, read books, hung out on our virtually private beach, and just enjoyed checking out.

If you're on facebook, you can see more of my pics there. I posted the link in the BYC group.

Our entire wedding, which had about 80 guests, and our weeklong honeymoon in Hawaii cost less than $2000, all paid 100% in cash.

Congratulations! You look so beautiful! The honeymoon sounds fabulous as well! I love your idea of wedding favors, how sweet. I wish you many, many years of happiness!
n7.gif
banana_smiley_32.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Here's how...

WEDDING:
Dress: $45 end of season clearance at Dress Barn, and a friend made the shawl for me
dress.jpg

Shoes: cost me $8 at deep discount store/outlet
My ring: used my grandmother's ring, which I already had & loved
His ring: titanium rings are inexpensive and durable
DH's clothes: some he already had, bought him a new shirt
Food: ~$200 - made shish kebabs weeks ahead of time when stuff was on sale & froze it, asked 6-8 friends to bring a massive side dish, had friends BBQ
Cakes: $120 - purchased 11 8" rounds at the grocery store & had them all decorated the same:
Venue: rented a picnic area at a local park on a Monday & didn't tell them it was for a wedding
Photos: asked a very talented friend to take all the pics and they were great!
Decorations & flowers: had 3 friends do it all (so pretty!!)
cake.jpg

HONEYMOON:
Used miles for flights
Rented studio apartment from www.vrbo.com ($900)
Got super cheap car ($150)
Didn't eat out almost at all

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom