DD is turning 13 and i need ideas

chickeypoo

The Enabler
15 Years
Feb 4, 2007
Wisconsin
Ok, i need ideas for a b-day party. She is becoming a teen AND it's her golden b-day. I am not sure what to do for her for a party. I don't want to spend to much money (since i really don't have much to begin with) but we have done parties in the park mostly. but i wanted to do something a bit more special.. ya know? was thinking maybe rent a room at a hotel and have the kids swimming. or go to the local beach(her b-day is mid june) but i dunno yet. have the party at home and then go to the beach.. i dunno. HELP ME!
bow.gif

I too have a recent 13 year old girl. If yours is a girly girl, set up a tent near the beach, early in the morning. Deck it out like a palace.
Have the girls bring funky colored flip flops and go get some E-6000 from walmart or a craft store. Collect stuff to decorate them with.
You can bring jewels, trim and pompoms OR you can collect junk from the beach! Then the girls go home with something special BEACH SHOES!

Just think outside to box!

A beach party sounds really good. Which would she like better? For mine's 13th she chose a luau pool party in our backyard. I had it at night for the lighting effects...all the decor, themed foods, grass skirts (it was co-ed and the guys loved wearing the skirts & leis even more than the girls did, lol), big pool toys and rafts...they all had a blast...she's almost 20 now and still talks about how cool that party was. Beach and luau parties are pretty economical to host.

Scavenger hunts are always fun. I do have an idea for a gift, though. It is not expensive and she will be able to use it throughout her life. Go to www.flylady.net. Look around the site to find the control journals for kids and teens. You may have to look a bit but it is worth it. The techniques she will find within will help her keep her room, her schoolwork and her life organized and under her control. It is essentially about simple routines for daily tasks and breaking down even the largest projects into manageable and doable chunks.

id love to do an outdoor thing here at our house but sadly the mosquitos are tooooo bad. ugh. unless i got the bug sucker thing i saw on tv. LOL. we did a sorta Hawaiian one a few years ago. maybe we could do it again, with all the lights and so forth. that would be fun.. if the bugs ARE too bad we could do it inside and decorate her room up with the lights. LOL. the beach flip flops would be cool. ill hafta see what my hubby thinks of these ideas.
smile.png

Thanks so much
smile.png

The beach party sounds like bunches of fun! and not too expensive. If no beach..then a public pool? maybe..don't know where you live.
We have to combat mosquitos here in Florida all the time...so I feel your pain..and itchies LOL
maybe rent a screened tent? Like the one pictured at the heading of this page for home depot?

http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-Outdoor-Living-Yard-Structures-Shade/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbxdh/h_d2/Navigation?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&Nu=P_PARENT_ID&omni=c_Yard Structures & Shade

I think they would have a lot of fun out there with lights and all
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom