DE (Diatomaceous Earth)

I can see a whole new thread being "hatched" out here . . . DE recipes!
clap.gif

In all honesty I read an article from years ago when times were bad (like they arent now!) that they used DE as a filler for flour. Made things go further I guess.

It does look and feel exactly like unbleached flour, but those must've been some of the hardest, grittiest, heaviest biscuits ever baked!
tongue.png
(Not unlike my baking as a newlywed many long years ago!)

I just received my bag of DE today. I added it to all the animal's food and their pens. And I took a spoonful as well. I swear, I felt a burst of energy about 20 minutes later, and it was way better than a cup of coffee. Not sure if it was the DE, or my imagination, lol! But I hope it works like they say.

I have tried DE as well, when it first came in I took it nearly daily. I felt like it was making me kind of hyper so I cut back a bit, and now just take it a few times a week. I find it goes well enough in a glass of water or in a protein shake (milk, whey protein powder, some de, blend). I have also been giving a little to my 2 cats, and will be using it in the barn and with the coop bedding.

Interesting to hear it made others feel more energetic too.

As far as feeding w/chickens I think it can damage their crops, so be careful.

I read in another post somewhere that it was believed to have caused an impacted crop. If so, was wondering if the chicken had been given too much of it and was caused from the "drying effect" of the DE, hence the recommended dosage amounts. Any "negatives" Ive read about have been few though, and I will continue to use it daily.

Back
Top Bottom