DE for human consumption?

To my knowledge and from reading and speaking with my herbalist, she assured me that human consumption is fine and very beneficial.

LOL Your "herbalist" should stick to herbs

I am taking it because I feel so much better... i am only trying to educate myself totally

Research "placebo effect" if you want an education

DE is not what's making you "feel better"​

Quote:
LOL Your "herbalist" should stick to herbs

I am taking it because I feel so much better... i am only trying to educate myself totally

Research "placebo effect" if you want an education

DE is not what's making you "feel better"​

Why in the heck would you want to say something like that to someone that obviously was feeling like CRAP and now feels better??

WHO CARES if it's not the DE, if the DE doesn't HURT to take, LET it be a placebo effect and let the woman FEEL GOOD. Dang, I could give a crap less if something is a SUGAR PILL if it WORKS.

thank you very much.....

I know that I truely do feel better, but everyone is welcome to their own oppinion. It could have been wishful thinking the first couple of days.... but now.. I have tested it and I know that my joints are not hurting and I do feel overall better.

What do you guys think about the alluminum in DE?

sad.png
Big Bear, I never said that I was taking it for myself, and my chickens are doing great with no mites, etc. BTW my herbalist is not a geologist, she has just read studies on the subject, as have I.
I wouldnt have hurt the other posters feelings, then again I don't have a bug up my ...
tongue.png

DE is diatomaceous earth. Food grade DE is composed of the fossilized, tiny microscopic remains of the exoskeletons of diatoms, which are microscopic organisms. These itty bitty shells serve as an insect killer by the way they scratch up the exoskeletons of insects, causing them to desiccate. It also absorbs moisture further aiding in the desiccation. Look at some under a powerful microscope if you have access to one. They are really cool to see! It will only kill insects that come into direct contact with the powder, as it has to scratch up the exoskeleton to work. It doesn't work instantly, but it's a neat experiment to do something like catch bugs, dust them with a little powder, and then seal them in a jar with holes to see how long it takes. I don't know about the health benefits, but I'd like to look into that. After all, it's just really little skeletons!
wink.png

Why in the heck would you want to say something like that to someone that obviously was feeling like CRAP and now feels better??

Because it's the truth. She said she wanted to be educated, not misled

There is NO scientific reason eating Silica would have any beneficial effects
Telling people it "makes you feel better" is not really helping anyone.
It just perpetuates the myth

Last edited:
What do you guys think about the alluminum in DE?

There's really only a trace of aluminum compared to the Silica amount

It's just rock with a little clay. It's not some kind of Magic Dust

Diatomaceous earth (pronounced /ˌdaɪ.ətɵˌmeɪʃəs ˈɜrθ/) also known as diatomite or kieselgur, is a naturally occurring, soft, siliceous sedimentary rock

The typical chemical composition of oven dried diatomaceous earth is 80 to 90% silica, with 2 to 4% alumina (attributed mostly to clay minerals) and 0.5 to 2% iron oxide.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomaceous_earth

Back
Top Bottom