?De-Humidifying?

The Wolf Queen

Songster
10 Years
May 2, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Hi all. Every time I fill the little pool in my hovabators the humidity goes to between 50 and 60some %. Anyone got any good tips or suggestions to keep the humidity down till the appropriate time? Paper Towel, regular grey egg carton, etc???
Thanks, the Queen

Im not sure. Ive never not had water or something in there and actually I was just going over the instructions and it says only to cover all the floor space of the middle pool and not to fill it but to me thats just weird
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Humidity is difficult to pin down because it varies from place to place.

There's humidity in the air. Hens don't sit in baths of water. We put in water to offset the increase in heat in the incubator but if the normal humidity is high enough there's no need. If you search these forums you'll find lots of people who always do it dry. That can be dangerous too because some areas need some water. Make sure your hygrometer is reading true and if there's enough humidity in the air already then don't add any water until lockdown. When you do add water it works on surface area. The more water surface you have exposed, the higher the humidity and vice versa.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom