DE Question

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Ericasl, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Ericasl

Ericasl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    Sorry I know there is a DE link in here some where about how much to put in feed, and dusting them I have been looking for it forever and I can not find it. I even did a search. I am sure it is me doing it wrong. I know someone can help me. I am getting my first bag of DE on Monday and want as much info as I can. Thankyou.
    Erica

2. antiquebuff

antiquebuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Franklin, NC
    I cannot help you with your question but I would like to know where you found the DE. I cannot find it locally and my feed store has never heard of it.
    I am sure someone can help you out with this. Maybe someone will send the link. Good Luck

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  4. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I know for sure you can get it at Belle Farm Store in Morganton but that is a far piece from you. Check the custommilling website and make calls. That's how I found mine.

I use 1 lb per 50lbs of feed. Whatever is left in the bottom of the barrell when the feed it gone is tossed around the coop and run for to kill off bugs and such.

5. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
  6. Ericasl

Ericasl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    Thank you so much for finding that for me That is just what I was looking for!!! [​IMG]

7. OurLittleFarm

OurLittleFarm Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2008
    South Western PA
    Don't know if you have an AGWAY nearby or not but they have it. But when I go I have to Say Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth. For some reason they don't call it DE.

8. richnchicks

richnchicks Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2008
    weatherford, tx.
    you can also go to the top of this page and click on BYC Home and at the bottom of the page on the right is a search area. just type in de and it will take you to several areas in the forum that will help. also, BE SURE it is food grade.
    rich

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by