De-Stressing Scovie style! (Pics)

Cute pics! You have quite a few barreds in there...they'll be adorable when they get their first set of feathers in! I love 'em at that stage and wish I could find some to stay that way!

Thanks muscovy! How can you tell which ones will be barred at this age? This is my first year with Scovies and I almost hate selling any of the ducklings without seeing how they feather out.
lol.png
I had two ducks hatch out another 30 together and when I moved the ducks and their offspring over to their new quarters, Charlotte stole all the ducklings.
hmm.png
Now we have one duck w/all the ducklings in one nest box and two poor moms sharing a nest box w/no babies.
roll.png
I am hoping that the next round will go better as they will be estabilished in their new house and grounds.

awwwweh, so cute!

I got some scovie babies due to hatch and about a week and a 1/2-2 weeks, I can't wait.

I wonder what colors I'll get out of a white hen, and a black drake?

Looks like I just need a couple Muscovy hens to take care of all my hatching for me!

Just 3 'scovies and I could have a hundred chicks running around!

-Kim

Anytime you get a yellow downed bird with a dark bill & a colored tint to the tip of the tail it'll be barred. If you look closely at the tint you will generally be able to tell what color it is going to be. Sometimes it's difficult to differentiate between black & blue, though.

On this page about half-way down I have a photo of a chocolate barred duckling along with a chocolate ripple. I'd love it if they stayed that pretty forever!

http://www.muscovyduckcentral.com/varieties.html

(BTW...some of your pastel ducks such as self-blue & cream will also be yellow downed but they typically won't have the color on the tip of the tail unless they're also going to be barred! I do not believe you could distinguish these colors like you can the others by the tips of the tail, though.)

Thanks for the linfo and link, Muscovy. Nice pic's! I'd love it also if the barred ducks stayed that way. What an adventure this is!
big_smile.png

Sooo much to learn and grow into. It would be nice to be able to pick out a duckling for someone with a least some idea as to what color it's going to feather out to.

Wolf-Kim, Chicks and Ducklings!
gig.gif
Scovies can be addictive! I just love'm
love.gif
and I just started this year!

Ducklove, Good luck on your hatch! Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom