de-wormer for ducks

Billy-jean

Songster
8 Years
Jun 13, 2011
I want to deworm my ducks this spring,and wondered what other people use? I have ivermectin pour on,and have DE in their feed for life..what else can I use?

I heard some people never worm,,is this safe for them? My oldest duck is 4,,and the others are a bit younger,and I never have dewormed them either,but I had someone tell me I really should every spring and fall. I'm confused...I don't want them overloaded with worms which might cause health issues??

I wouldn't worm unless your ducks present with symptoms. Then I would incorporate a twice yearly worming regime since the eggs can live in the soil for years and years through heat and freeze.

ETA I try to err on the side of natural immunity and believe that using medications can weaken a flock. If they are healthy, why go mucking about with it!

Last edited:
I wouldn't worm unless your ducks present with symptoms. Then I would incorporate a twice yearly worming regime since the eggs can live in the soil for years and years through heat and freeze.

ETA I try to err on the side of natural immunity and believe that using medications can weaken a flock. If they are healthy, why go mucking about with it!

Exactly. Animals are far over medicated, over vaxed today. All we're doing is building up immunities and getting "super bugs" no different with people. KISS plan is best.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom