De-worming and Wazine Concern

Quote:
p.s. From where do you get chickens? Do you know of any good breeders or sellers of adult birds in the area? I'd really like to add on to the flock, but I don't really want to do marts, and I don't want to do chicks either - well not shipped ones.

i have lots of family near you im sure you know alvin, mustang, texas city, dickinson, santa fe, etc lol. anyways the only people i know with juveniles are local to up here if youre up for a drive. im waiting for the funds so i can get a&m to come out and do my npip testing so i can sell my birds at the swap meets and such. i have a gazillion im wanting to get rid of. i sell a few here and there but man that last heat snap we had put a dip on the chicken sales and i kept my incubator going so now i have like 200+ birds. i know if i can go to a more public place like trade days in canton i can do it and sell a lot more. one thing i have to say about canton is they have a lot of things and for the most part they do make sure you have all the proper paperwork if you sell animals there. as far as chicks go i get them from ideal of course but ive ordered a few times from x-treme gamebird in austin. the people are nice but the prices are higher than ideal but whose arent. im honestly wanting to get a bunch of us chicken folk in east texas and the surrounding areas to meet up one day and have a big swap but the logistics and making sure everyone is tested is the hard part. what kinds are you looking for. oh and btw if you dont have luck with the de on your turkey try this one out. your feedstore might can get it but if not these guys have it and trust me its very effective on cecal worms threadworms lungworms the whole bunch. just be sure to isolate the affected birds or they will never get better or it will be fall before you see results.

http://www.cutlersupply.com/cart/in...ducts_id=434&zenid=m5c2ae5k9jdvg1qs6h3inrvse4

Hi! I'm wondering why people aren't using Eprinex more. I find it very easy to use, and there is no withdrawal period. Just wanting your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

So you can use Eprinex and it works and you can also eat the eggs?

Quote:
Probably the cost since Ivomec still has the rights to it. It's a really good product.

So...in the most simple terms, i think i got it. Correct me if i am wrong.

Worm twice a year. First with Wazine in water for 24 hours. Dont eat eggs for 14 days. Then use Ivermectin in food, water or in feather in their upper back then dont eat eggs for another 14 days.

Oh and if you decide to use Eprinex for worming there is no waitiing period to eat your eggs.

If you use Eprinex does that take care of all the worms?

Last edited:
Just wanted to jump in with one quick pointer. If you are using a needle to make the drops uniform you can break the needle off and just use the hub. Works just as well with no poking risk.

For those who cant catch their chickens just use the Eprinex or use the Wazine in water and then 3 weeks later use Safe Guard (for gape worms) or Ivermectin in crumbles.

Is that right?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom