De-worming laying hens

PeepersMomma93

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2015
Texas
I've had hens for 3 years and this is the first time I've ever seen a worm in their poop. I'm picking up Safeguard Goat De-Wormer tomorrow morning and I will give it to all my girls. I was wondering if anyone knows the dosages for chickens? I have 6 adult hens, 5 hens almost old enough to lay, and one silke. My second question is how long do I need to wait before I can sell the eggs again? All help is very appreciated
263a.png
Thank you

A pare of iggerent nubee queschuns heer:

1. Do the worms ever get inside the egg?
sickbyc.gif

2. What is "egg withdrawal"?

I don't think worms can get inside an egg but i don't know that for sure. That would be
sickbyc.gif

Egg withdrawal is the amount of time that you can't eat the eggs after worming or treatment of some sort for health issues. The withdrawal amount might be 14 days so in those 14 days you dispose of any eggs and do not consume them!

Also if anyone knows how it is administered I Would appreciate that information as well. It says it is a liquid de-wormer and it is the exact brand I that was recommended on another thread

I've seen several people on here say that they do a second dosage after the first egg withdrawal is over, is that reccomended?

The wormer i bought said that there is not withdrawal on chicken eggs.... It is a poultry and pig wormer and it only had a pig withdrawal saying you can't eat the meat within a few weeks. That is only mine though...

Back
Top Bottom