DE

Quote: Not the same thing.....Actually the 'Python Dust' and the 'Poultry and Garden Dust' are two different products, made by the same company, with totally different chemicals.

The P&G Dust is Permethrin based (which is extremely toxic to bees).

The Python Dust is a much more toxic chemical and is not listed for use with poultry.

Not the same thing.....Actually the 'Python Dust' and the 'Poultry and Garden Dust' are two different products, made by the same company, with totally different chemicals.

The P&G Dust is Permethrin based (which is extremely toxic to bees).

The Python Dust is a much more toxic chemical and is not listed for use with poultry.

Ah... Thanks for clarifying. They are made by the same manufacturer. I have used Python dust for years in the coop and goat house with good results. I use it in bedding and on the poop boards. I guess Garden dust is the way to go for anyone with reservations about the Python Dust.

Diatomaceous earth is great for keeping insects away from your chickens homes especially if you have problems with mites or something of that nature. Just be sure you are using the correct kind. Labeling regulations make it hard for the consumer to know what to buy. My favorite thing about DE is it can be used for so many things. http://www.diatomaceousearth.com has a large resource of information/instructions if you want to use DE.

I've read a lot of good things about DE. I've even been using it for some time in their nest boxes and sprinkeled on the floor mixed in with the pine shavings and even mixed a little in their food now and again thinking I was doin a good thing in helping rid them of any unwanted internal parasites . Until I read this article (link below) I ran across over at the Chicken Chick's site. I think i'll back way off in using it now and maybe just stop it all together... JMO

http://the-chicken-chick.us6.list-m...8470cfc0130c0a9bdb&id=d825e27e97&e=46dcf15787

That is an interesting blog post. I am especially interested In the mining of DE. There seems to be pros and cons to most things these days. I will be researching this further for sure.
Thank you!

I still have not seen one post on this forum that has proof that de does anything beneficial for deworming or anything else, there are just as many who like de as who say it is useless, I tend to agree with the useless side since many people use de and still end up with worms and mites. I think it is a feel good thing, not really useful, though many on this forum do a darn good job of marketing the stuff, they should seek some pay for their work.

I still have not seen one post on this forum that has proof that de does anything beneficial for deworming or anything else, there are just as many who like de as who say it is useless, I tend to agree with the useless side since many people use de and still end up with worms and mites. I think it is a feel good thing, not really useful, though many on this forum do a darn good job of marketing the stuff, they should seek some pay for their work.
What makes you think that they aren't on the payroll?

Why should a strip mining company pay for something that people are giving them for free?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom