Dead All of them

That really sux!
hugs.gif

oh what an awful thing to happen,

It is true that it is the circle of life but so sad when they are creatures you have loved and cared for.

Sorry for your loss, at least they will live on by your experience of them, and in your memory. Nothing dies as long as it is remembered.

Jena.

I'm truly sorry to read of your loss. Sadly, just when we think we have everything covered something else rares up. Glad you have a good neighbor.

I am so sorry.. that would have been horrible to find.
hugs.gif
I am glad you have chicks hatching, hopefully that will help with the pain of losing your others.

Just keep in mind that Malamutes are strong, determined and stubborn! Now that he found your chickens accessible, he may try harder in the future to get back into your run.

he usually cant get into the yard he is too big to jump but eith the snow being so high he can just step over he did it last year too but I didnt have chicken then ...my surviving one is in the house with her babies...

That stinks. I hope the neighbor is as good as you think he is, and I agree about the malamute. They are strong and known for their escape abilities. He may now look for ways over, under or through the fence. I would suggest to the neighbor that he promise to keep him in the house the next time it snows. If it is strictly an outside dog, he will have to find another way to deal with it.

hotwire.. hotwire.. HOTWIRE!!!!!!!!!
uuuummmm... a couple strands of hotwire could have stopped it... i hope you will secure the coop before those babys hatch... if not, be prepared for a repete performance.. because now that the dog knows what fun chickens are, he WILL be back...
so sad.. i had to see it happen to my chickens many times before i found hotwire...
sorry for your loss,,, and show the owner the chickens too... should have gotten pictures of his dog in your coop (just in case)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom