dead bird, help?

95yj

Songster
10 Years
Nov 25, 2009
Central Vermont
i'v been keeping birds for a long time and been hanging around people with birds even longer, i'v seen alot of dead birds but this one has me really confused. i went out to throw some scratch to my pheasants before they went to roost since it was gonna cold night, i they weren't in the mood to go out into the freezing night air so i had to chase them out of their shed, thats when i noticed what i thought was a little bit of snow in the corner, which on occasion happens in my not so well insulated pheasant shack, it turned out to be my beautiful new white ringneck dove, dead. i'm really confused cause she was lying in the corner with no apparent trauma except that half of the feathers on her back had be pulled off, but the rest of her was in one piece. i have no idea what happened since she was a young healthy dove and i can't find any point of entry, we did have a rat problem a year ago but i havent seen a single one since last feb. poisened em all. this has been a terrible year for my doves, so far i'v lost 2 to a psycho homing pigeon and 1 to mysterious causes, please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom