Dead Chick didnt hatch. Graphic pic

Yes, need to get a plaster (Band aid) between the legs with the pad part separating the two legs. Leave it on until for 4-5 days. The chick will immediately be able to stand and will be able to sit on its haunches. It will be able also to walk. At the end of 4-5 days they may well be good as new!
big_smile.png

If you incubate again, make sure that they have a rough surface to walk around on after hatching.
AND Good Luck,
Sandie

Hi everyone thanks for advice.
This was my first time hatching.

I was aware of the grip thing but thought it was only for the brooder a day later.
This incubator was a r com one that had noting in manual about the floor surface, unlike my other two Brinsea incubators they have a plastic mesh like bottom.
Will they be ok with this .

As for the paper towel, i only put that in after.
Since then i have put in a small cloth towel that has more grip and one more has hatched out and is much better standing.
I have put the band aids on the other two and will see how they go later.
Is it ok for them to be in the brooder like this.

Cheers

Adriano

Yes, you will be surprised how the little guys with strapped legs get around. They will even try to scratch with the band aid on. Sometimes they fall over, but they will soon be back on their feet. If the band aid comes off apply another until they walk around normally,
Sandie

Back
Top Bottom