Dead chicken

I'm so sorry. Are you wondering what happened to cause her death? If you'd like to send her body to your state lab for necropsy, you'll need to place her body in the refrigerator (not the freezer) double bagged. You should be able to send it in or drop it off on Monday. If this is something you'd be interested in doing, I'll be happy to help you find the lab information. Some states don't require a fee but some do. Please let me know if I can help

I just found one of my 11 month old hens dead in the coop. I have no idea what happened to her or what I should do. Any advice?
I lost a Buff Orpington due to either heat stroke, or a Heart Attack. Her face, comb, & wattles were purple.

What's the temperature where you are? We have a heat wave that's hard on our heavy feathered birds.

Another option would be for you to preform your own necropsy at home. Of course you won't have the lab test and results but you will possibly be able to find a probable cause so you're able to make a preventative plan for the rest of your flock

Back
Top Bottom