Dead chicken

Keiki

Chirping
May 19, 2022
Hi everyone.
Came in to the coop this afternoon to find one of my girls dead. She was running around this morning pecking in the field. I know they are good at hiding if something is wrong but I’m really wondering if it was the air quality we where in the worst zone midd Pennsylvania Anyone else’s pets/livestock died ? After the air pollution we expired the last couple of day?

Last edited:
Hi everyone.
Came in to the coop this afternoon to find one of my girls dead. She was running around this morning pecking in the field. I know they are good at hiding if something is wrong but I’m really wondering if it was the air quality we where in the worst zone. Anyone else’s pets/livestock died ? After the air pollution we expired the last couple of day?
Please mention your location for folks to commiserate with you. We have members from all over. You can add your location to the profile or just post it. Generic is fine. For instance, my location is North Alabama.

So sorry you lost your hen! That is hard and sad.

Please mention your location for folks to commiserate with you. We have members from all over. You can add your location to the profile or just post it. Generic is fine. For instance, my location is North Alabama.

So sorry you lost your hen! That is hard and sad.
Thank you. Will do!

Sorry for your loss.
What's your birds diet? Was she laying? How old was she? If it was the air quality, you'd likely lose all your livestock.

Sorry for your loss.
What's your birds diet? Was she laying? How old was she? If it was the air quality, you'd likely lose all your livestock.
Thank you . She turned 1 in April and was my best layer .. they eat purina organic layer pellets but leave most of it they are free range.

I'm in central PA, and one of my hen was wheezing badly due to the air quality two days ago. She has had respiratory problem since she was a chick, so it's not a surprise. I gave her some Tylan and she is doing good now.

I'm in central PA, and one of my hen was wheezing badly due to the air quality two days ago. She has had respiratory problem since she was a chick, so it's not a surprise. I gave her some Tylan and she is doing good now.
Im thinking she might have had a underlying condition as well she was way smaller then my other girls but the same breed.

Back
Top Bottom