Dead Chicken

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by LilCtryGal, Oct 3, 2014.

1. LilCtryGal

LilCtryGal Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2013
    I came home today to find one of my girl's dead and pretty well eaten up. Only thing I think is that a hawk may have swooped in and injured her. Is it possible that my other gal's would have eaten her? She was really messed up bad. I don't see any signs of a predator getting in the run so it would only leave the other gal's to do the destruction. It would have happened in only an hour time frame. I have had other gal's injured by a hawk and no one has touched them, I've actually been able to nurse them back to health.

2. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    How old are they? We had one day the pullet & cockrells @ 3 months old got very aggressive. They were in a chicken tractor, which we were getting ready to switch them out. They ate the entire butt areas off 3 of the chickens. There was blood everywhere. They had dumped their water & ate their food also. So, overcrowded, hungry &: thirsty. Bad combo. Usually a hawk will take it away with them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by