Dead ducklings shipment

because of the storm that rolled across the country this week it delayed the early in the week boxes as much as 36 hours because of weather related delays in the various hubs.

sorry you had a bad shipment this week.

I'm pretty sure that when I ordered from mcmurray last year that the ducks came from Iowa. This time they were from CA. There was only one shipping option for me. They arrived wednesday morning so at most it was two days shipping.

Yours took an extra day and it looks like that was just too much. What kind did you order, by the way?

Last edited:
because of the storm that rolled across the country this week it delayed the early in the week boxes as much as 36 hours because of weather related delays in the various hubs.

sorry you had a bad shipment this week.

Ahh, I see. That could be it.

I'm pretty sure that when I ordered from mcmurray last year that the ducks came from Iowa. This time they were from CA. There was only one shipping option for me. They arrived wednesday morning so at most it was two days shipping.

Yours took an extra day and it looks like that was just too much. What kind did you order, by the way?

The tracking info said they were departure scanned from CA on Monday, I forget what time. Then no more info at all until I picked them up this morning at 4 a.m. - it then showed they were delivered :)

I got a Blue Swedish, Black Swedish, Cayuga and Mallard. The Cayuga and Mallard were dead on arrival but the other 2 are doing ok so far.

I know when I've ordered ducks before from them, they came from IA, this was a few years ago.

I'll look into Metzger next time, thanks for the recommendations.

Back
Top Bottom