Dead egg??????????????? Help!!!!

pek

Songster
10 Years
Nov 26, 2009
Rhode Island
It's day 21, last night I heard the chick pecking the egg, but nothing today. This is my first time. Should I feel him moving in the egg? If he doesn't hatch today, what should I do tomorrow? plz reply!!!!!

maybe it is tired and resting.. you can try to help it, but you will likely make it bleed to death by helping. make sure humidity is very very high and your bator temp is abt 95 to 97

Do not help this chick out. If you can hear the pecking then he had pipped through the internal membrane and has enough air to last a couple days. If you help him out before he is ready, he will be weak and may have more yolk to still absorb. It may take another 24-48 hours for him to make his appearance. I would keep temperature around 99 degrees and humidity 60% or better. That little chick knows WAAAAAY more about hatching outta that egg than we do. Let him do his thing!
love.gif

I know that they take breaks between trying to get out, how long will these take and when should I get worried? When should give up?

u fill ur sink or a bowl with luke warm water full enough to where the egg will float without touching bottom. let the water get still and gently set the egg in the water. wait a few minutes and u could hear chirping or see the egg rocking or see the top of the water vibrate. This is how i determined if mine were good or not. ive read many differnt ways on how to do the test and they said if a egg compleatly goes under its no good. not true. i had an egg sink all the way down and then it started rocking and was chirping when i took it out. soo the way i wrote i think is the best way to tell. a bad egg will do nothing and just sit there floating.

Back
Top Bottom