Dead or alive egg?

This one looks like it has quit in the early stages, could you get a photo of the other egg?
It's kind of you to try and help these eggs, but you should be aware that it may be illegal to have them in possesion where you live. If they were to hatch, you would need to find a wildlife rehabber to raise the chicks-
If they're in the early stages, as harsh as it may sound, I would leave them to nature
I was able to get a photo of the other egg. I noticed a blood ring in the one that had quit during the early stages of development, and I have buried it. However, the other egg confuses me. There appears to be a dark spot… perhaps an embryo… that wasn’t there before yet there’s no veins? If I gently move the egg around, it doesn’t move freely. Is it dead aswell? Or alive? I still have it under the heater for now.

Attachments

• C217C81D-AFB3-4408-83DF-6FD406AC9023.jpeg
    C217C81D-AFB3-4408-83DF-6FD406AC9023.jpeg
    340.2 KB · Views: 6
I was able to get a photo of the other egg. I noticed a blood ring in the one that had quit during the early stages of development, and I have buried it. However, the other egg confuses me. There appears to be a dark spot… perhaps an embryo… that wasn’t there before yet there’s no veins? If I gently move the egg around, it doesn’t move freely. Is it dead aswell? Or alive? I still have it under the heater for now.
hmm.... Do you mean the shadow? Does it move like an air bubble or does it seem to stay with the yolk? (I know its hard to see/tell)
Really, time will tell- you can leave it incubating if you are ever unsure- thats what I do when I can't quite tell.

hmm.... Do you mean the shadow? Does it move like an air bubble or does it seem to stay with the yolk? (I know its hard to see/tell)
Really, time will tell- you can leave it incubating if you are ever unsure- thats what I do when I can't quite tell.
It seems to stay with the yolk, I think. I can only see the shadow on one side of the egg. If I turn it to another side, the egg looks empty and clear like an infertile egg would.

Back
Top Bottom