Deadliest Catch Captain Passes.....

babylady4

Mother Goose
15 Years
Mar 30, 2009
Central WI
Press release....

Discovery announced tonight that Captain Phil Harris, known to fans of Deadliest Catch as captain of the crab fishing vessel Cornelia Maria, has died. He suffered a stroke late last month while in port off-loading at St. Paul Island in Alaska. “He was more than someone on our TV screen,” according to a statement from the network, which has documented the Cornelia Marie’s adventures on the Bering Sea for five seasons on the Emmy-winning series. “Phil was a devoted father and loyal friend to all who knew him. We will miss his straightforward honesty, wicked sense of humor and enormous heart. We share our tremendous sadness over this loss with the millions of viewers who followed Phil’s every move.”

Harris’ sons also put out the following statement: “It is with great sadness that we say goodbye to our dad. Dad has always been a fighter and continued to be until the end. For us and the crew, he was someone who never backed down. We will remember and celebrate his strength.”

sad.png
very sad, he was a very nice man, even went out of his way to make my crib midget smile and laugh the first time they met.

Aw man, how sad!! We all watch that show and really hoped he would get better during the off season. It will be weird watching the shows without him there.

Very sad, If you watch the show though you know that was the way he was going to go. It was obvious he saw the signs along the way and still chose to go full steam. I don't think he could have lived being at home getting reports on his boat and crew. I will miss him. A very brave man.

Back
Top Bottom