Dealing With A Serious Chicken Addiction

Apr 13, 2020
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I got three chicks a while back- now they’re all grown, and wonderful hens. I have just one issue: Chicken math.

Does anyone have any solutions to dealing with wanting baby chicks so badit physically hurts? (Without getting more chicks 🤣)

When I’m shopping for chicken feed for my hens, It’s so difficult walking by the chick bins in tractor supply hearing the little peeps and having to leave the store without chicks.

This isn’t a joke- I really need help 😬

I've been trying to find a solution to this problem with no avail. My flock keeps getting bigger and bigger and I only get hungry for more. Lol

Seriously, if you have the resources (time, money, and space), why not get 2 or 3 more?

Just try to enjoy your current flock and dream of the day where you can have more! Plan out a coop design, which breeds you'd like, etc.. That helps me when it's the dead of winter but I want chicks. And honestly, in most (notice I said most) cases chicks are very happy and content in feed stores. They are warm, well -fed, and usually don't stay there more than a week or so.

Im lost with chicken math too. 🤣
I hatched 4
was given 7
hatched another 4
now I have 16 viable in the incubator....
my oldest is only 11 weeks old tomorrow... 😮

and I still want more! I can’t be trusted in the farm stores.

Back
Top Bottom