Dealing with customers: when does "interest" become "obsession?"

lvchicken, I won't give an exact ammount, but it would be several thousand dollars - hence the concern about losing the potential customer! Right now a HUNDRED bucks is important to us, so such a big sale would be really helpful.

They called again recently, so as suggested I had a nice chat with them to the effect that I'm thrilled to have them as a customer and will happily notify them immediately when what they want is available, but that we're extremely busy right now and consequently will no longer be answering calls/emails about unavailable stock. S/he seemed understanding, so hopefully that will be an end to it. If not, I might have to just flat out ignore them and just hope that they'll pretty much have to come to us if they want it, even if offended by unanswered calls/emails.

I am REALLY dying to know what could be worth this much and be THIS important to this person.
duc.gif

Sometimes you get customers who don't really mean to be a pain but are just very excited, and sometimes you get a big time weirdo that is hard to get rid of. I love the first and hate the latter, and I never hesitated to drop the latter when I was in business. I've also noticed that many of the ones who bother you the most are the least likely to come up with the money. I'd bet you won't be able to get hold of them when you do get what they want in stock. I hope it works out for you though.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom