Dealing With Death

Zoologist

Chirping
Jun 7, 2022
I thought I might discuss the unbearable topic of loosing our darling animal friends and how to greave.

The truth of the mater is we only have our animals for a short time, even if they live for years its undeniable that at any moment of the day they can cease to exist sometimes without cause or reason. This should not dampen your view on keeping them for fear you’ll spiral into deep depression. The first two you lose will be mentally draining making you question if it was worth it at all, but it was. It’s worth the risk, because after all animals teach us about empathy, nature, couriousity, and how to care for the world around us.

Grief will fade away with time, but grief doesn‘t look the same for two separate individuals. Some may spiral into depression and some may except that life isn’t going to be fair. You may cry or not. Don‘t ever feel guilty about not obsessing about it or that you could have prevented it. If truly you wish to work with animals you will eventually get used to the circle of nature it might not make it easier, but you’ll understand that you can not hold on forever.

How to ease this pain? I like to paint gravestones, work (because it keeps you focused having a goal instead of sitting inside with self pity), being alone, taking a walk down to a park to feed some ducks (not bread of course NEVER BREAD), going out and getting some new animals (I lost a chicken, the next day I went out and got 4 more. It gave me something to live for again. It helps me honor her in death by giving others life.) and sitting with my animals (I’d like to think they understand that your feelings as they understand that their friends may never come back)

”I’m sorry” are lame works which will never make a difference. Your animal was important to you and you only. No one will ever know the connection you had with it. It sounds weird, but I’ve never really lost them as they often visit me in my dreams.

I hope this helps you 😊

I thought I might discuss the unbearable topic of loosing our darling animal friends and how to greave.

The truth of the mater is we only have our animals for a short time, even if they live for years its undeniable that at any moment of the day they can cease to exist sometimes without cause or reason. This should not dampen your view on keeping them for fear you’ll spiral into deep depression. The first two you lose will be mentally draining making you question if it was worth it at all, but it was. It’s worth the risk, because after all animals teach us about empathy, nature, couriousity, and how to care for the world around us.

Grief will fade away with time, but grief doesn‘t look the same for two separate individuals. Some may spiral into depression and some may except that life isn’t going to be fair. You may cry or not. Don‘t ever feel guilty about not obsessing about it or that you could have prevented it. If truly you wish to work with animals you will eventually get used to the circle of nature it might not make it easier, but you’ll understand that you can not hold on forever.

How to ease this pain? I like to paint gravestones, work (because it keeps you focused having a goal instead of sitting inside with self pity), being alone, taking a walk down to a park to feed some ducks (not bread of course NEVER BREAD), going out and getting some new animals (I lost a chicken, the next day I went out and got 4 more. It gave me something to live for again. It helps me honor her in death by giving others life.) and sitting with my animals (I’d like to think they understand that your feelings as they understand that their friends may never come back)

”I’m sorry” are lame works which will never make a difference. Your animal was important to you and you only. No one will ever know the connection you had with it. It sounds weird, but I’ve never really lost them as they often visit me in my dreams.

I hope this helps you 😊
It’s so sad to see my loved chickens die, but it helps to remember the enjoyment we had while they were still around.
Although kind of silly- I told a friend this about her dead hen to help cheer her up: 😊

“They’re going up to the coop in the sky,
Where the litter is always clean,
The nest boxes always filled,
The grass always green,
No more sickness,
No roosters that are mean,
No more death,
And no more panting in the nesting box wishing it was an air-conditioned icebox rather than the heat trap that it is.”

Back
Top Bottom