Decapitated chicks inside cage?

Usually we keep biscuit and her babies in a big pen , since i’m not able to keep an eye on them all day for the time being we moved them to a more “secure”
(or so i thought) cage, which is out in the open with the free roaming chickens, this is the netting View attachment 3464092
Looks like about 1", need to halve that...as already mentioned.

probably should’ve kept it one chicken per thread to avoid confusion but yes will be lining the cage for safety, usually i keep the front lined with multiples of these little panels but again i never expected something to reach in and this cage is only used for emergencies :hmm
image.jpg

As for the older chick (no severe wounds, just bald and a little swollen), there’s little chance something might’ve gotten inside or reached inside since it is lined with double mesh and covered and the bottom is lined with bricks and etc, perhaps small animals but it’s highly unlikely, i have tried to reunite it with his siblings but they peck at him. i don’t think an animal attacked the older chick. (personally)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    487.6 KB · Views: 3
Yeah, the balding wouldn’t be from any predator… that’s really strange.
yeah he also has little cuts and bruising as any chicken who got into a fight with another chicken would, the other two had blood on them but only small little peck marks, didn’t think they could be aggressive at a young age but again no adult chicken in there, no way a cat could’ve gotten to him, there would’ve been more serious wounds if so.

Back
Top Bottom